The Client Advocate assists with all client services and programs and related policies and procedures; and serves as an advocate for clients. The Part-Time Client Advocate will maintain a respectful, helpful, working relationship with all Options for Women St. Croix Valley (OFWSCV) staff and volunteers. The advocate will help fulfill the mission of OFWSCV by their willingness to serve all clients and being knowledgeable in our service areas.
Part-time, non-exempt position; 20-25 hours per week.
Hours of operation:
Mondays Noon to 7pm, Wednesdays 10am-5pm, Fridays 10am-5pm
Executive Director of Options for Women St. Croix Valley
Essential Functions: Serves clients requesting services or access to OFWSCV programs following established policies, procedures, and protocols. Complies with the OFWSCV Employee Handbook and all laws, rules, regulations, standards and best practices appropriate to the position. Maintains a respectful, helpful, working relationship with all staff, volunteers, board members and the Medical Director.
- Pregnancy Testing Advocate Role
- Adherence to established policies and procedures for appointments, including presenting information neutrally on all pregnancy options.
- Ability to interact with patients in a non-judgmental manner, understanding the importance for patients to feel safe and secure.
- Collaboration with medical staff to provide consistent patient care during appointments. Refrains from offering any medical advice to patients.
- Respects and maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Scheduling Line Role
- Make sure appropriate script is followed and all calls are properly documented.
- Strong communication skills and phone etiquette.
- Receptionist Role
- Greet guests and in a warm and welcoming manner, followed by professionally addressing the needs of guest
- Update daily schedule as needed and notify participating staff of the day’s events
- Maintains cleanliness and organization skills
- Willingness and flexibility to assist other staff in miscellaneous tasks as needed
- Wrap Around Services Role
- Possess passion to build relationships with material assistance clients offering them time, encouragement and a listening ear
- Ability to use discretion with the requests of material assistance clients and possess confidence in decision-making skills and ability to use judgement
- Conduct parenting classes, housing intakes and refer to local resources
- Flexibility to address needs of walk-in clients, volunteers and donors
- Willingness to complete miscellaneous tasks pertaining to general operations
- Communicates as needed with Executive Director, and meets regularly to evaluate and manage policies, procedures, and/or client services.
- Assists Executive Director in fundraising and marketing duties as necessary.
- Networks with other pro-life client advocates and attends appropriate local pro-life meetings or conferences if possible.
- Networks with other social service agencies such that resources can be shared, we might have better visibility, and more abortion-minded clients are attracted to our clinic.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Agreement with our Values and Approach: Commitment to carrying out the pro-life Mission, Values and Vision of OFWSCV. In particular, no abortion referrals; no contraceptives dispensed or advocated. Must exhibit a strong commitment and dedication to the sanctity of all human life and to sexual purity. Must agree with and be willing to uphold the Mission Statement, and all OFWSCV Policies and Procedures.
- Professional: Prior experience working with underprivileged populations. Exhibits strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, and possesses basic computer skills and knowledge.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent and/or related experience preferred, minimum of high school diploma required. Preferred: counseling, social services, family services, and/or previous non-profit education and/or experience.
- Personal: Able to empathize with those in distress, give practical assistance and possess active listening skills. The ability to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Relational: Ability to work as a team member and to accept responsibility. Ability to act independently and to seek consultation when needed.
OFWSCV will provide the following on an initial and on-going basis (as needed):
- Orientation to OFWSCV and on-the-job training.
- Training and materials necessary to serve as a Client Advocate for roles listed above.
- Training and materials regarding all OFWSCV Medical Services, Wrap Around Services, and Policies and Procedures.
Location: Options for Women St. Croix Valley (and off-site meetings, appointments or events as applicable.)
Compensation and Benefits:
- Wage commensurate with experience.
- Other benefits as outlined in the Options for Women St. Croix Valley Employee Handbook.
Mail or email a cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Options for Women St. Croix Valley
PO Box 158 Stillwater, MN 55082